Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -Harold Whitman

Sunday, October 9, 2011

{31 DSP/Day 9 - Cleaning Schedule}

It is no secret I love Flylady.

It is no secret that when I was doing Flylady consistently that my house was clean, I felt like I was on top of things and had more time.

It is no secret that the new house totally overwhelms me cleaning wise...with the extra 1000 sq. ft. and all!

It is no secret that Ben says "Hey why don't you start doing flylady again."


Today I will get my cleaning schedule figured out!

I am familiar enough with Flylady that I know how to tweak her basic routines to fit my personality and style (which is what she is all about!).  I know how to take from her what works for me and leave what doesn't.  I don't subscribe to her emails and have made my own zones and missions.  You could say I took the spirit of the Flylady principals and rocked them till they work for me...just call me FlyMary!

Now that we are in the new house I have to reevaluate how to structure my cleaning.  Melissa found this awesome app called HomesRoutines that I downloaded for my iPad.  It looks like it was developed for the iPhone (small format) but I don't let that bother me.  I was able to create my zones, cleaning and 'to do' lists.  It keeps track of everything and even has a built in timer.  It is pretty snazzy and I like it.

This is how my zones break down, each zone gets a week of the month.  I tried to organize them by location and to even out how much work each one will be.  I know that by plugging away at these areas (that are a disaster right now) that soon they will be much more manageable and take less time to whip into shape (trust me it will happen).

ZONE 1: Entryway, Stairs, Guest Room, My Office, Secret Room

ZONE 2: Kitchen, Dining Room, Laundry Room, Living Room

ZONE 3: Master Bedroom, Master Bathroom, Powder Room

ZONE 4: Boys' Bedroom, Girl's Bedroom, Kids' Bathroom

ZONE 5: Boys' Office, Bonus Room, Hallway/Linen Closet

Then I went through each zone and made a list of what needed to be done to clean that area (I won't bore you with those lists).  I also made a list of what else needs to be done in that room: unpacking (if applicable), decorating, organizing, etc.  Just seeing it all laid out makes me feel calmer.



click this button to find my other 31 Days posts

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment