Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -Harold Whitman

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

{wiww: maxi edition}

I love maxi skirts.  L.O.V.E. them.  They are my answer to sweat pants.  I always feel so comfortable yet put together when I wear them.

Six years ago I started suffering from severe eczema all over my body, primarily on my legs and face.  I went through treatment and have now been flare up free for over a year, although I have to be careful.  Unfortunately my legs were left pretty scarred (I would scratch them to the point of blood in my sleep) and I feel more comfortable with them covered.  Maxi's are perfect.  

I have found several I love at Target, and even bought some in smaller sizes to be able to wear later in the summer as I continue to lose weight (I love my plan!).

Shaping Cami - Target
V-Neck Maxi - Target
{mirror was NOT as clean as I thought it was...keeping it real here folks!}
In other news...I HAVE A WAIST AGAIN!  <3 <3 <3
The husband says I am very noisy when I walk around in this dress...I don't care...I have a waist!

Here are some more maxis that I love...
via Anthropologie
I love this one from Anthro.  The pattern is so fun and I love the sweetheart neckline.  I'm a little to busty right now to feel comfortable in this top but on the right figure it would be cute.

via Etsy
How amazing is this one?!?!  That embroidery detail is beautiful!  This would be great for church, a baby/bridal shower, even a summer wedding.  It feels very vintage to me and makes me think of the beautiful clothes women used to wear (if you are like me and have a fascination errr obsession with historical fashion check out The Ornamented Being on Tumblr - Lyze is amazing and I have learned so much from her).  

via g*rated
I love red/white/blue and the belt over the sweater thing that g*rated did here.  This is the effortless, casual, everyday look that I love.


via Alternative Outfitters
These are not a maxi dress {duh...heehee} but I love everything about them.  I think I'm going to add them to my rewards list as I hit weight loss goals.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment