I don't know if it was a little bit of 'plan fatigue,' working for so long towards a goal that I wanted to have a break or what, but last weekend I made the decision to go off plan all weekend. I ate and drank whatever I wanted all weekend, and it was mostly junk.
BOY WAS THAT A BAD IDEA!!!
Here is a list of what I noticed:
1. I no longer felt I had control over myself.
2. I was ravenous all the time.
3. My stomach hurt.
4. I was irritable.
5. I slept poorly and was very hot during the night.
6. I woke up tired.
7. I gained 8 pounds.
8. I was very bloated, my rings and flip flops left imprints in my skin.
9. I was sad I did it.
10. It wasn't worth it.
11. I was more motivated than ever to get back on plan (and stay there).
When I started I made a commitment to myself that I would be in this for life. This is a journey NOT a destination, and there will be peaks and valleys and hardships and triumphs, and every time I fall I will get right back up and move forward.
Read more about my journey here. If you would like to learn more about my plan please visit www.bodymindwellnesscoach.com