Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -Harold Whitman

Thursday, May 31, 2012

{perseverance}

Since I started this journey to optimal health I have been pretty focused.  I've strayed a few times but have been able to retrain my brain to jump right back on plan.  In the past when I was on a diet (my program isn't a diet) and 'screwed up' I would do one of two things; not eat the rest of the day or I would say "oh well, I'll start again tomorrow" and then eat whatever I wanted the rest of the day.  Both of these approaches are counter productive and not physically or mentally healthy.

I don't know if it was a little bit of 'plan fatigue,' working for so long towards a goal that I wanted to have a break or what, but last weekend I made the decision to go off plan all weekend.  I ate and drank whatever I wanted all weekend, and it was mostly junk.


BOY WAS THAT A BAD IDEA!!!


Here is a list of what I noticed:
1. I no longer felt I had control over myself.  
2. I was ravenous all the time.
3. My stomach hurt.
4. I was irritable.
5. I slept poorly and was very hot during the night.
6. I woke up tired.
7. I gained 8 pounds.
8. I was very bloated, my rings and flip flops left imprints in my skin.
9. I was sad I did it.
10. It wasn't worth it.
11. I was more motivated than ever to get back on plan (and stay there).


When I started I made a commitment to myself that I would be in this for life.  This is a journey NOT a destination, and there will be peaks and valleys and hardships and triumphs, and every time I fall I will get right back up and move forward.

  

Read more about my journey here.  If you would like to learn more about my plan please visit www.bodymindwellnesscoach.com
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment