Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -Harold Whitman

Saturday, October 8, 2011

{31 DSP/Day 8 - Birthday Present}

The girl had a birthday party this afternoon.  I woke up determined NOT to leave the present wrapping and card signing to the last minute (aka: In the parking lot of the party...tell me I'm not the only one who does that regularly!).

One of the things I've done to help with parties and gifts is that I purchase a box of cards at Costco.  Inside the box are lots of cards for different occasions.  I let my kid go through and pick one to give to their friend.  I have a selection of gift bags and tissue paper and it makes wrapping the gifts easy peasy.  I also have a few gifts they can chose from in case we *cough* forget to get to the store.  Even with all these aids I STILL find myself scrounging in my car to complete everything and it is really stressful.

This morning the girl choose her card, her gift bag and tissue paper.  We assembled everything and placed the bag sat on the counter with 6 hours to spare!  HOORAY!

We were still late to the party but that was for different *mommy forgetting her cell phone and needing to stop for coffee* reasons.  :}

I don't have a picture of the present but I thought I would share something funny I found on pinterest (I couldn't find the original source).



tee hee


click this button to find my other 31 Days posts

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment