Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -Harold Whitman

Monday, October 10, 2011

{31 DSP/Day 10 - Fall Mantel}

It is fall mantel time!!!  Ideally I would have had this done prior to now but hey...that is why I'm doing this series.  For the first time in my life I have a mantel to decorate - HAPPY DAY!  Here is my beautiful two story stone fireplace.  

Please ignore the aero bed.  
It was our first night in the new house and our furniture hadn't arrived.

The mantel itself is very narrow so I have to be careful with what I put up there.  I wasn't sure what would work so I headed over to pinterest to find some inspiration.  

First this lovely mantel from Kimba (ASPL - love her) jumped out at me.  The stone looks similar to what I have.  It is simple and I love the variations of height with the mirror and frame.  


Again, I like the variation of hight and the mix of natural elements.

LOVE the wreath hanging over the frame!!!!


Today I will complete our fall mantel.
(update: Almost done, I need to get more pumpkins & print off a fall print I made)

After lunch the dTrain and I will head over to the craft store and see what we can find.  I have a few things at the house that we will use but need some gourds and stuff.



click this button to find my other 31 Days posts

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment