Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -Harold Whitman

Thursday, October 6, 2011

{31 DSP/Day 6 - Guest Room Art}

Today I will decide on and hang the artwork that will go above the couch in the guest room.

Yesterday I put the guest room back together (after I rocked out the first day of my 31 day series.  Read about that here).  I am trying to decide which art I should hang over the sleeper sofa.  This room is our library/guest room.  I want it to look great no matter what the room is being used for.  So far these are my ideas:

1. I purchased this piece at Bed Bath and Beyond when we were staging the old house for sale.  I LOVE all the colors and movement.  Once I had it up though, I think the scale isn't big enough for the space (those are 10ft ceilings), which is funny because the picture is actually huge!

2. These prints were brought back from Japan by my Uncle, who worked with the Nagasaki survivers in the late 60s (he is a doctor).  I remember these in my home as a child.  I really like them...not sure where else to hang them if they don't go here.  The scale is better for the room than the first piece.

3.  I like the idea of having an arrangement of large black frames, 
thick mats and black & white photos of the kids.  

What would you do (do you have any other ideas)?  
My goal is to have this room feel so warm and inviting that it draws you in and makes you never want to leave.


I decided to go with option 3.  
I will post a picture as soon as I have it completed!


I still need end tables, lamps, fabric to cover the pillows.  The bookcase will probably be eliminated and the books placed on shelves mounted to the wall.  I may bring in my great aunt's secretary.


click this button to find my other 31 Days posts

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment