Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -Harold Whitman

Thursday, December 15, 2011

{Christmas Prints}


I bought these a couple months ago to frame pictures of my children for the wall in the guest room/library.  I ended up doing something different on that wall so I casually put two of them above the bookshelves in my office.  I really liked the height they added to the room.


So I decided to create a couple quick prints to fill them for Christmas.  


I made the red and gray "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" print in Illustrator.


The bird tree graphic is from The Graphics Fairy.  It's from a 1870s Christmas card - how cool is that!  I changed the color from black to dark turquoise in Illustrator.  


I hoped to have them printed on regular paper but Kinko's wanted $35/print...uh no.  So I converted them to .jpgs and sent them to Costco for $5/print.  YAY!


If you look really close the prints are a little blurry but from a distance they look great.


In the interest of full disclosure.  This is what the rest of my office looks like...*sigh*... I CANNOT keep it clean and organized.  It is a huge source of stress because it is the first room you see when you open the front door and I cannot be creative in that space!  I really need to make this room a top priority.  {{update: I spent some time in my office today and have cleared the floor (mostly - still some neat piles of stuff that has no home yet) and my desk.  Whew...that feels better!}}


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment